Frequently Asked Questions
Use this page to view the questions asked the most! Simply click on one of the questions below to find out more…
How much does it cost to sign up?
If you are a care practitioner, you can sign up for free as an Academy Affiliate.
What does the Academy offer me as a care practitioner?
- Track your continual professional training and development
- Earn points to access perks each time you complete a training course and register it through the academy
- Easily demonstrate your professional qualifications and transferable skills to current and future employers
- Identify potential career pathways
I am not an affiliate, how do I register?
I cannot find my organisation on the Care Academy?
What does CPD stand for?
How long does it take to have my application validated or declined?
Once you have registered and uploaded a minimum of one certificate, Care Academy staff members will be able to assess your application, along with your record of training and development, in order to validate or decline your application. This will take around 7 working days.
How can I edit my profile?
Once you have logged into your profile, next to your picture, employment and name there will be a green pencil . Click on the green pencil and it will allow you to edit your profile.
How do I know when my certificate has been approved?
Once your certificate has been validated, you will receive an email from The Care Academy.
How many points do I get for each certificate?
The number of points for each certificate will be based on an internal algorithm and will factor in the following:
- Is the learning approved by Hertfordshire Care Providers Association (HCPA)? The reason for this is that we want to monitor the quality of training given to care staff. If the training is not approved, it will still accrue some credits, but not as many as approved training. If you would like to find out about training being ‘approved’, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is the learning linked to an external awarding body for which you receive a full (or part of a) qualification?
- What level is the learning?
- How many hours have been spent directly on the training course?
- Is the training face-to-face, distance learning or e-learning?
How do I renew my passport?
Why do you need my date of birth?
Why should I use my personal email address and not my business email?
I do not know what type of course my qualification is?
If I need help, how do I get in contact?
If you have any questions, you are welcome to email The Care Academy on email@example.com or call on 01707 536 020.
Not found what you are looking for?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 01707 536020